In this Introduction to Art Course, students will learn the basic elements and principles of art using drawing, painting, and mixed media
WEEK 1 –DRAWING
Students will learn and practice basic elements and principles of drawing
- Elements: texture, shape, form, line
- Principles: pattern, rhythm, movement
- Techniques: hatching, cross-hatching, scumbling, stippling, waves, brick, wood, & rock
WEEK 2 –DRAWING
Students will create a sketch with skills learned in Week 1
WEEK 3 –PAINTING
Students learn and practice basic elements, principles & techniques of painting
- Elements: color, value
- Principles: emphasis, variety
- Techniques: blending, tone-light/dark, using color to emphasize focal point/ create interest
WEEKS 4 & 5 – PAINTING
Students will create a painting using the skills learned in Week 3
WEEK 6 –MIXED MEDIA
Students will use a variety of media to create a fun, dimensional artwork
- Elements: space, texture
- Principles: balance, proportion, pattern
- Techniques: combine use of pen & pencil, paint, paper & fabrics to create a piece of art
WEEKS 7 & 8 – MIXED MEDIA
Students will create a mixed media project using skills learned in Weeks 1-6
WEEKS 9 & 10 – FINAL PROJECT
Students will choose drawing, painting or mixed media to create a unique work of art
Art Class Schedule
There are three Art Sessions during the school year that each last about 10 weeks:
Fall Session begins September 5,2018
Winter Session begins January 7, 2019
Spring Session begins in April, 2019
We meet once a week for @ 10 weeks. Classes are held on WEDNESDAYS:
If you are with INSPIRE, VALIANT OR VALLEY OAKS Homeschooling Communities, you can use your funds to pay for these classes. We are an approved vendor for each of these.
Group classes = $25 a week
Monthly fees are due during the first class of the month.
- Individual Lessons
- Prices vary, please reach out for rates!
- All classes are subject to change due to enrollment.
- Each class must have at least 4 persons in order to begin.
- When enrolling, you commit to the full course,10 weeks worth of classes.
Questions? Head on over to our FAQ page